WVBankers has teamed up with ABA and Wharton School of Business to offer a top-notch certificate program for your bankers. This robust, comprehensive training program will give your bankers the opportunity to graduate with a certificate from the WVBankers as well as an Emerging Leaders certification from ABA-Wharton.
This 12-month program contains the following elements:
- Two Legislative Day visits
- Orientation: Introduction to Grass Roots Advocacy and Legislative process and opportunity to observe, for the first time, the board governance of the association.
- Graduation: An opportunity to revisit advocacy after their year of curriculum, network with their peers and other industry leaders and welcome the incoming class.
- Two Seminars
- Communication Seminar (Chuck Stump, Performance Group): a workshop designed to help our emerging leaders become more effective communicators. Curriculum will also include a module on Coaching for Performance, Legislative Update from Loren Allen and a follow up on the importance of advocacy from the Legislative Day event.
- Corporate/Personal 5 & 10 year Development Plan (Bernie Deem, AlignHR): This seminar is designed to help our Emerging Leaders to set goals, plan for their future and lay out a path for success, both in their personal and professional life.
- Wharton Emerging Leaders Certification Program
(Partnership with WVBankers, ABA and the prestigious Wharton School through the University of Pennsylvania)
- Introductory Video Wharton Professor Peter Cappelli and ABA’s Jim Edrington
- Launching your Personal Search for Success
- How to Think about Success on your Own Terms
- Diving Deeper: What Research Tells Us About Achievement and Happiness
- Putting it Together: Charting Your Path to the Future
- Leading the Life You Want:
- Leadership from the Point of View of the Whole Person
- Develop the Six Leadership Skills of Conveying Values through Stories
- Learn the Six Leadership Skills of Aligning Actions and Values
- Learn the Essential Leadership Skills of Creating a Culture of Innovation
- Define Influence
- Examine Social Networks and Relationships
- Develop your Persuasive Tactics and Rhetoric to Increase your Influence
- Examine the Ethical Implications of Persuasion
- Cooperation, Competition and Comparisons
- Effective Communication
- Two Peer to Peer telephone conferences
- Discuss progress on modules
- Emerging Leaders Community Service Project (Bankers Choice):
- Design, complete and execute a community service project in your community.
- Draft a report to share with the Future Leaders describing the project: why it was important to you and your community, and what affect the project will have on your institution, community and you as a volunteer.
This program is an excellent opportunity to engage the next generation of banking leaders in dealing with issues facing the industry through new perspectives on leadership.